There are different types of treatment that work in various ways and the best treatment for acne can depend on the type of acne and how severe it is. Some treatments are available over the counter whilst others are available from a GP. Blue light acne treatment by Lumie Clear is particularly effective at killing the bacteria that causes acne.
If you are concerned about your skin it is advisable to see your GP and talk to them about the best treatment method for you. This might mean using Lumie Clear on its own or with another acne treatment.
Here are some self-help tips that may also be useful to you:
- Wash your face just twice a day. Over washing can irritate the skin and actually make symptoms worse.
- Use lukewarm water when washing your face. Very hot or cold water can make acne worse.
- Wash the affected area with a gentle soap or cleanser. Very strong products can irritate the skin and cause redness.
- Leave your spots alone! It can be tempting to squeeze spots but this can make them worse and can even cause permanent scarring.
- Wash affected areas before going to bed! Remove any make-up and cosmetics to reduce the chances of it blocking your pores. Allow your skin a chance to ‘breathe’. •
- Get regular exercise especially in the fresh air. This can also help boost your mood and improve your self-confidence.
- Wash after exercise to prevent sweat irritating your skin.
- Drink plenty of water and eat a healthy, balanced diet, including fruit and vegetables which contain anti-oxidants which help your skin to renew and repair.
Please click to read a comprehensive guide to acne written by The Health Base.